Another dear friend asked that I make sunflowers. I spent two days trying to make a clay backing….did it in blue, hated it, covered it in black but I could not get it “un_lumpy”. I tossed it. I then went and purchased a plague in wood so I needed to stain and varnish it. Oh my. I made the sunflowers. I did enjoy making the sunflowers trying different colors, blends and textures. Oops, I burnt one. I tented the other flowers in oven but failed to do it to that one. If they weren’t covered the yellows became extremely dark. Redo!!

I wasn’t sure how they would stay once glued. I let the glue set over night. To make sure it was secure, I hung the plague upside down for two days. LOL. Wanted to make sure they would stay on. They are being mailed in the morning…. I hope this is what Joyce wanted…..

Off to make a watch…..


~ by Eye Candy Craft on 04/24/2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: